One look at StylePile.com and you will know that it’s not just a blog, but a complete fashion manual. Simply put, it’s a platform to showcase your personal style and is a one of its kind venture in India. Started in April 2010 by Noopur and Anant Chaudhury the website has a massive fan following because of its great content and unique format. We caught up with Noopur to ask her about StylePile, her own fashion quirks and much more.
1. Tell us a bit about StylePile. How did it begin?
StylePile is the place where fashion lovers come to showcase their personal style and take inspiration from other fashion enthusiasts. We started StylePile two years ago. It started as an experiment to bring together people who were as obsessed with style and fashion as we were.
2. What’s was the inspiration behind creating Style Pile? What do you think is its biggest USP?
The inspiration behind StylePile was to get the fabulous styles on the streets of India into the limelight. We were tired of looking towards Bollywood for style cues and wanted to create a platform where real people with real style could come together, discuss fashion and showcase their style sensibilities. Our biggest USP is our vibrant fashion community- each and every member contributes towards creating the cool social experience that StylePile is today.
3. What advice would you like to people who would like to do, what you do?
My advice to people who are passionate about fashion is to first figure about what they most love about this field- it could be styling, designing or writing about fashion and then work at it like a maniac. Research, read and soak up as much information as you can get and INTERN- try to get as much hands on experience as you can by working with people you admire.
4. How do you ensure that StylePile stays head in dolling out tips and suggestions which are current and in-trend?
StylePile team truly loves fashion, it’s in our DNA – so it’s just part of our everyday life to stay up to date on the latest happenings both in the domestic market as well as internationally. Social media like Twitter really helps us in keeping the finger on the pulse of the fashion world.
5. If you had to invest in one crucial fashion item (budgets no limit), what would it be? And why?
There are so many must have basics that it might be difficult to pick just one. But I think every woman must own a classic white button down, a pair of really cool fitted jeans – the best you can afford with your budget, a pair of black pumps. Right now on top my shopping list is a Chanel handbag and Valentino Rockstud heels.
6. Besides StylePile, which are some of the other sites which you think do a better job on fashion related content?
We love Style.com and ‘Business of Fashion’ for their quality of content.
7. Do you think the flourishing e-commerce segment in India is the cause of heightened sense of fashion amongst masses? How do you personally like to shop?
I think the e-commerce scene blossomed in India because the street style scene was changing rapidly. It started with people getting more conscious and expressive about their style. Online retail happened in India at the right time – just about when people for looking for more avenues to shop around. I personally love the ease of shopping online. It any day beats the hassle of battling the crowds at the mall.
8. Do you like shopping from Pepperfry? What are some of favorite items from the site?
Pepperfry has an endless selection of some really cool and trendy pieces. I personally love their accessories collection the most.
9. Lastly, what are your future plans with StylePile?
We have quite a few exciting things in the pipeline. We plan to add a lot more features to make StylePile the coolest place to hangout for fashionistas.