Shalini Chopra is a fashion and style blogger from Bangalore, India. She knows her fashion but is not biased as she buys in luxury boutiques but also in casual stores. Through her blog stylishbynature she aims to show how everyone can be beautiful, trendy, and stylish in every sense. We bring to you our exclusive tête-à-tête with her about style, fashion, blogging and everything else.
1. Tell us a bit about yourself. How did you become a blogger?
I am a a fashion and style blogger, from Bangalore, India. My goal is to show everyone how we can be beautiful, trendy, stylish in every sense, pondering the purchase according to the latest trends of the moment! I hope to be a source of inspiration for everyone who likes fashion and those who want to embrace this world.
I always loved wearing stylish outfits since my childhood. I inherited that from my parents. I was posting my outfits on various online portals for the past few years and was getting requests to start blogging. Initially, I ignored the requests due to time crunch. However, eventually I gave it a serious thought and started pursuing my passion for fashion with my blog.
2. What’s your inspiration behind creating stylishbynature?
Stylish-By-Nature is a fashion and style blog for all like-minded people who believe that style runs in their blood and is as important as breathing. Here you will find lifestyle, street style, vintage, designer couture collections, affordable fashion, product reviews; everything that can be useful to your image. Look forward to more on fashion, food, fitness, fun, friends and flavors of life.
3. Would you consider blogging a full time profession? What advice would you like to people who would like to do, what you do?
Blogging and digital marketing is still in its nascent stage so far as India is concerned. Full-time blogging as profession is still a far fetch dream. However, eventually it will become a reality, till then keep blogging and enjoying it.
4. What’s the best style advice you ever received?
“Buy clothes that you’ll wear on a Tuesday afternoon, not a Saturday night — few people lead Saturday night lives.”
5. As style and fashion writer, if you had to give one most crucial fashion tip to your readers, what would it be?
Just make sure you have the basics/Must-haves in your wardrobe that fits you well. Rest you can play with trends anytime
6. If you had to invest in one crucial fashion item, what would it be? And why?
7. Who do you take style inspirations from?
I draw inspiration from anything and everything around me. It could be movies, fashion magazines, nature or blogs. I do not follow trends blindly. I take into consideration my body type and comfort before adopting a trend. My fashion idol – Blake Lively.
8. Do you think the flourishing e-commerce segment in India is the cause of heightened sense of fashion amongst masses? How do you personally like to shop?
The explosion of blogging and e-commerce has totally revolutionised fashion and people’s approach to fashion. Fashion blogs have a huge potential to influence big brands as they closely relate to people and street style. Personally I like to go out shopping, it’s so therapeutic. However, certain online stores got me hooked recently.
9. Do you like shopping from Pepperfry? J What are some of favorite items from the site?
10. Lastly, shopping online versus shopping at a mall? What do you prefer more?
Personally I like to go out shopping, it’s so therapeutic. However, certain online stores got me hooked recently. I think I am turning into an avid online shopper now.