One look at the fashion blog Stilettos Diary and you can image a day in the life of its creator Meghavarshini. For her style is not just a garb for a special occasion but an everyday thing and as normal as brushing or breathing. And her blog reflects her personal chic style to the boot and can be pretty addictive. And her best fashion tip for? Well, read on to know what she has to say?
1. Tell us a bit about yourself. How did you become a blogger?
My name is Meghavarshini. I am 25 years old. I am born and brought up in Garden city of India- Bangalore.
I was a tom boy during school days. I gave myself a makeover from the tom boy image. I achieved all of it through internet, reading articles, blogs and television shows. I thought it would be great to share what I learnt with people. Moreover I was completely obsessed about fashion, clothes, shoes, bags, belts, sunglasses. I converted my obsession into a blog. I love blogging and my passion for fashion inspires me to keep blogging.
2. If you had to describe your blog in one word, what would it be? What’s the idea behind your blog?
One word would be “Me”. My blog is an amalgamation of my thoughts, style ideas, and perception of fashion as such. I believe that you should define the clothes you are wearing.
I decided to start my blog in end of October 2011. I wanted to let people know that you can look good on a shoe string budget. I want to promote street style amongst the women in India especially down south. Initially I did outfit posts and let people know about deals but later on I got suggestions from lot of people to incorporate how I go about styling an outfit and style tips.
3. Are you a full time blogger? What else do you do besides blogging?
No, I am not a full time blogger. During the weekdays I am a Research Analyst at Randstad India. During the weekends I transform into a fashion blogger. From photo shoots, blog posts, shopping to searching the internet religiously for inspiration, I manage to do all in 48 hours.
4. Can you describe your closet to us? It must be full of some very interesting item, right?
My closet is forever overflowing with bucket loads of clothes. I have a photographic memory of my closet (sounds creepy but yeah!). It’s very messy in general. Some days I crib I don’t have any clothes to wear and sometimes I feel I just have too many clothes.
Yes every item in my closet is my personal favorite esp. my Red leather jacket. Just love it.
5. What’s the best style advice you ever received?
This is difficult. My best source of fashion advice is by stalking internet religiously. Therefore I must say the best virtual advice I have got is from watching shows. My favorite is what not to wear by Trinny and Sussanh. They are just brilliant.
6. If you had to give one most crucial fashion tip to your readers, what would it be?
Don’t buy clothes because it’s branded. Buy clothes which suit your body type and describe your personality. Always have an open mind to experiment.
7. If you had to invest in one crucial fashion item, what would it be? And why? No limit on budget btw.
I think the list is just endless. I would say Celine Bag. I really like the design. The smiley face is just amazing creativity.
8. Who do you take style inspirations from?
Right now it’s got to be Olivia Palermo. She is just picture perfect every time I see her. She just gets it right all the time. She is truly a fashion icon. I have liked every outfit she has worn till today.
9. Do you like shopping from Pepper fry? What are some of favorite items from the site?
10. Lastly, shopping online versus shopping at a mall? What do you prefer more?
I love every form of shopping as long as I am shopping.