If you own a microwave oven an use it regularly, you will know that dashes of leftover food from microwaving not only look disgusting, they also smell funky and reduce the overall appeal of your microwave. But the good news is that microwaves are pretty easy to clean, if you know how.
But incase you are not sure about how to go about it; we have some super simple and easy ways for you to follow.
The Lemon Method
- Cut a lemon in half and keep both the halves on microwaveable plate with a tablespoon of water.
- Microwave the lemons for 1 min until the lemons are super-hot and the inside of the microwave is steamy.
- Clean the inside of the microwave with a kitchen towel and wash the glass plate with cold water.
The Vinegar Method
- Fill a microwave-safe bowl with water and add a tablespoon of white vinegar. Place the bowl inside the microwave.
- Turn on for 5 minutes. Keep an eye till the microwave steams up as the steam itself will loosen the dried-on gunk.
- Remove the bowl and wipe the insides with kitchen paper. The dried up gunk will come off easily now. Don’t forget to take out the glass tray and wash it like a dish.
Tips to Remember
- Once you are done cleaning, leave the microwave open for a few minutes afterward in order to let it dry and air out a bit inside.
- It’s always best to clean up messes in your microwave right away.
- If you can’t clean it right away, make sure to clean your microwave about once or twice a month.
- Use a soft scrub brush that can be used for washing dishes to get off oily food build-up you may find.